Friday, January 9, 2009

Addicted to giving !

I am so thrilled to be invited to join Ann and Nicole as a contributor to this blog... I would like to introduce myself to those who do not know me... My name is John Wright, my family and I have been active in Central Asia for several years now, working with those that are on the fringe of society...I am the director of sponsorships for Possibilities International... a humanitarian aid organization ... At PI we have a little different twist on things... We are not missionaries ... we are philanthropists.... I am a Christian and as such I hang very close to James 1:27 that says that pure religion that is pleasing to God is to visit the orphans and the widows in their distress... I believe that... and I allow that scripture to govern my motives and my actions, there is never room for argument.. For the most part that is the extent of any preaching that you will ever hear from me....however you will not be able to follow along on one of our trips without feeling the presence of God in what we do. You see our primary objective is to take everything we get and give it away..... In North America there is a common misconception that you have to be rich to be a Philanthropist... the fact is that compared to the vast majority of the world...WE ARE LOADED.... It is this radical thought that has lead to the creation of the "iam1ru" A sight that is dedicated to make it possible for everyone from the four year old boy with a lemonade stand to the widow on a small pension... to experience what it is like to impact someones life so dramatically that they will never be the same again..... Once you have had a taste and see that it is good, you too will be standing up and proclaiming weR2ru..?

1 comment:

  1. Thank You so much John! What an awesome introduction! And I totally love the end where we get everyone onboard saying we r 2 r u ??? I feel blessed to be a part of this. And can not wait to see where we are led to be. Ann

    ReplyDelete